Sunday, February 22, 2009
This week's updates include: You love affection and the people in your life more than anything. Your greatest fear is that one day someone you care about won't be there anymore. You are a very friendly and inviting person, who draws in a lot of friendships with your kind, considerate, and loyal nature. However, deep down you are slightly insecure and unsure of yourself. You couldn't deal with it if you didn't have one of your loved ones in your life anymore. You don't have too much to worry about though, because with a friend like you, no one will want to lose you either!
1) Predicted failure of IHC and Biology that was supposed to galvanise better performance now most likely will become reality.
2) C5 for Chemistry. Don't laugh.
3) Desmond's essay was chosen to represent the school, making my wish come true in some unexpected warped manner. Yes, I did say I wanted one from our class...Argh curse you all!
4) Choir turned out great in the Econs lesson room. And dang, I forgot to read Ming's essay.
5) Theron ascended from newcomer status to "The Chosen Few" that sings some part near the end of Yagi Bushi.
6) I probably did NOT get Best in English.
7) Went swimming for the first time in...8 months?
8) Went for THREESOME and it was quite blast! Met Liki there who amazingly knew my name!
9) I love my French teacher.
I guess I am adapting to the absence of the Beijing people now. Although I do admit I seem to be much less jovial without them around. And when I'm quiet, my mind just wanders. And soon the seven sins and various bitter thoughts cloud my head. Sigh, still...There is the occasional laugh here and there. But much fewer without yanyu now. I don't know. It's like...When you draw memories out of you into a pensieve. Just that in this case you substitute the memories with joy. Strands of silvery cheer. Yanyu and chomz seemed to have stole some of mine away to Beijing. But it matters not I suppose. On the bright side, I talk to Darren more. And he of course, all powerful according to Kevin, is interesting in his ways. Though a tad bit repetitive. But hey, it's his trademark.
Now with a review of THREESOME, Greg's play that I attended. Well, on the whole, I have to admit it was fabulous. A threesome (obviously) of "Three Fat Virgins Unassembled", "Love, Food & Babies" and "Proof" went rather well with my empty stomach. I sat through all three without any abdominal discomfort at all despite skipping dinner. It was a less than grand affair with about two hundred-odd people in the almost cramped but cosy Studio where the performance was held. There was no stage but rather a working space right at the front with elevated stands that sat the audience, semi-encircling the actors and actress. It started off with a simple identifiable play about three fat virgins. Crude at times yet elegantly delivered, the play made the audience laugh almost the whole time as the many definitions of a fat virgin were revealed. What I've learnt? The transition between a man and a woman in the gender transformation process - A fat virgin. Of course, there's always the sidenote: Every woman has the potential to be a slut.
"Love, Food & Babies" explored the much more common themes of in-law conflicts, expectations of marriage and family. It started off with likening men and women to food with the impressive seductress impression of a vampiric she-boss. Then a relationship slowly blossomed between the two who compared spouses to food, but it was unfortunately cut short as the play started to focus on the marital issues of another couple. And finally, a father and two sons with conflicting views about family. It did serve as a passable transition on to the finale - Proof. Good yes, but still, not spectacular.
"Proof" started out the best with an intriguing twist in the first scene. And as the play progressed, it managed to draw me deeper and deeper in. But maybe because my where I was seated or the Studio's architecture, I couldn't catch the lines 40% of the time, so much so that at times I had to lean forward and cup my ears to sort of enlarge them. And after the initial kiss between Greg and the other actress Salima, things started to get a little draggy. It was a brilliant concept of course, investigating if proof really did exist. It was all about mathematical proofs. And then about proving whether Katherine (Salima) did indeed come up with a revolutionary mathematical proof found in a diary kept in her father's room with her father's handwriting, who conveniently revolutionized the field twice before she was born. After the kiss scene (Lips but never really shown as it blacked out before I could actually see anything. Or it could just be my placing), Greg fans would love the subsequent hugging and real kissing on the cheek. Then everything went on, with the Katherine's sister so wonderfully played showing concern for Katherine, shifting the point of contention to whether or not Katherine should leave Chicago and stay in New York with her sister. And in the midst of the other conflict, the matter of who came up with the mathematical proof, I thought the flashbacks weren't properly introduced and might have been a little distracting. Then again, my hearing was quite impaired. And as Harold (Gregory) sits with Katherine (Salima) one last time as they talked...I thought the ending anticlimatic! Because I couldn't hear anything except for incoherent rumbling. It is a pity really. But overall, easily the best play of all three. With Salima playing her role...presque parfait. And her father who was really convincing but not that audible. Not to mention Gregory's extremely real impression of perpetual nervousness. And last but not least, the sister's professionalism which really struck me as professionalism. It was a good lot of fun that play, but the minute flaws? It's a little hard to keep up with it sometimes, probably because I can't really hear some parts. And of course, the numerous times the f-word was used. I lost count really. Liki was an affable presence next to me. And I realised, one with an astonishingly sharp mind. I'm glad I left the school in his hands then. To those who think he's really all the way up there in the clouds of Olympus, he's pretty much your average Hercules, with about a gazillion times the power.
Got this from Darren (Lum)'s blog.What is your True Fear? Being Alone Looked down on Death Where Your life is Going Commitment Disappointment What is your True Fear?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
Funny. Told you I've been desensitized to disappointment from my many test failures.
PS: 961 buses are comfy. And Saturdays are simply lovely.
Dark Memories[3:56 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...