Saturday, February 28, 2009
Ouch. HCI (HIGH SCHOOL) Choir was completely outclassed...or rather, totally humiliated today. Gah, the first choral exchange and it's was a disaster. The set piece White Horses...Just paled in comparison to that of most of those other schools. And for our chosen pieces Uj Szovetneket and Yagi Bushi. Sigh. Uj Szovetneket was really boring and Yagi Bushi...The Baritones (That's me included) entered late at one part and well...Pretty much screwed up the impression of us others had.
I can't say I contributed to the songs in any positive manner though. I think when I sang I added to the dreadful side of all three songs...The only time I sang everything (except the part we entered late since I sort of sang the first note, got confused as to why no one else was singing then stopped halfway) was during Yagi Bushi. It's my favourite song...And I think our star piece. Why did we have to screw that up? For Uj Szovetneket...I just can't do it...Opening up. Maybe Kevin's right I'm too tense. Though I think I'm just terrible. I kept quiet during most notes...And for White Horses, I kept breaking halfway. Opening up...The key apparently is to sing like Theron speaks. Like how am I supposed to do that? As for my lung capacity...I don't know. I guess I'll just have to somehow get both of these things right before SYF.
Sigh...Singing kind of resembles Math doesn't it?
Dark Memories[9:57 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...