Thursday, January 15, 2009
Drama says it needs me. I could most certainly tell from today's blocking. I've talked to both Miss Chua and Miss Soh. So Miss Chua told me it all boiled down to where my loyalties lay. Yet..I beg to differ. Even if I were to join choir on a project-basis, I still am from drama and most definitely feel that way. It is partly my role I guess. Mrs Crothers asked a very interesting question today - Why do you want to act?
That got me thinking. And I got the answer just a while ago. I love acting because I get a chance to not be myself. I want to be something more than just me. Yes, I've got a low self-esteem. And that's most probably why I prefer roles with power and control over the situation and environment. To act pathetic..(With Singlish bleurgh) with the role I currently have...It just doesn't fit into the "Why do you act" equation. Of course, from today I see that the roles are pretty much ambiguous as Gregory displaced Thamsy from his role just like that. So Miss Chua says I've got a chance at a bigger role.
What Miss Chua mentioned...I've thought about it all beforehand of course. I always weigh my options and in this case...She's right. Logically speaking...It's smarter to go with drama. It's where I can shine if I do well. In choir however, without a solo part I'll be like what Miss Chua said, "just another face in the crowd". I really want to be in choir though and yet...I don't want to forsake drama, especially in SYF.
So for the best of both worlds...I'm looking up Miss Siew tomorrow to discuss the timings and well, try working something out.
If nothing does...I'll play by ear. And then consider all other factors.
Dark Memories[12:13 AM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...