Friday, December 05, 2008
Nights are really lovely with self-study sessions a.ka Facebook, CS, FM 2008, scrabble and more-session. With of course approximately 5-6 people in my class that actually do work out of 28.
The first few days have been really enjoyable. Especially Ming, Theron, Kevin, Zhengyi, Yong zhi and the drama gang. And not forgetting the people I got to know like Daniel and Sze Yuan in Kevin's room and Clement and Yu Ting in Yongzhi's. I've played RA3 and Anime fight and most unexpectedly, little fighter 2!!!! And the candied haw and strawberries...Peking Duck and Yang Rou Chuan...Beijing's not that bad I think.
Then we went to the zoo yesterday and the only animal the whole group of us were really engrossed in were the pandas. And after that we just drifted away to seek refuge from the biting winds. It was so cold. Just like today. I won't use any flowery language to desscribe it because there, it's just cold. I wore 5 layers for my top and 3 for my bottom. It was really quite a waste of the ticket since we only saw the pandas and then we went to pay another 55 yuan for the indoor aquarium so that we could escape from the cold. But then again, the ticket cost 5 yuan. Yes, 1 dollar plus for a zoo ticket. But the zoo trip was really just seeing the extent to which the animals there were mistreated.
Then we went to this horrid planetarium after that and watched a movie which cost 35 yuan. and guess what? More than 3 quarters of us fell asleep. This was because the architecture of the theater was so theme-oriented that the screen was on the ceiling facing the audience from above, resulting in the audience having to crane their necks upwards for the full one hour to watch the movie. I dozed off at some point when I couldn't understand any further (Yes it was in Chinese) and woke up with horrible neck cramps as it was ending.
Today was very dry, with stronger winds and lower temperatures, proving that China weather forecasts are fake. We went to the Forbidden City which I thoroughly hated. I was rather amazed for the first 10-15 minutes as I took in the Chinese grandeur and ancient majesty. And then I got bored. I mean it was just one orange-tiled roof after the next and all had the same designs, save for the occasional monuments and inner chambers. But I didn't even bother sightseeing after the cold somehow froze/tampered with my phone and lowered its battery level drastically. I couldn't even take any photos and I didn't have a proper camera. And the cruel thing was when I went into a restaurant with Ming, I discovered my phone battery was full after 15 minutes. Evidence of Nokia failure, apparently these phones were not conditioned to acclimatize to temperate climates.
I also realise I'm straying away from the drama group. I hang out with Kevin, Ming, Theron and gang during fieldtrip lunches or even fieldtrips so yea...they're excluding me from stuff. I don't know...I'm fine with it really. Kevin and gang are fun enough but I can be a loner. Did so for two years, certainly can for 6 weeks.
I'll start writing since I'm getting emotional.
Dark Memories[6:49 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...