Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Butterscotch
Banana Split
Vanilla
Coffee
Strawberry
Ol' fashioned Vanilla
Sticky Chewy Chocolate
Cookies and Cream
Ain't that fun? Throw in a terror drone and a dancing prospector and it becomes a "HAPPY DAY"!
Ok nevermind. THIMUN officially started today though I hate to admit it did so on well, let's just say on both left feet. I enjoyed the experience nonetheless but as Ephraim said...They should have just hosted it in a hotel...Well I spent my morning listening to delegates' open speeches blah blah blah which was the most boring part. Because introductions to different Nepalese parties are not exactly things that would register on my radar. But the president and deputy president were really nice which proves my theory that Westerners are definitely more polite. Well at least the THIMUN lot. Oh Indians are too. They say thank you when you hold doors and stuff. And once again...Most words of thanks came from the feminine gender...The only males were mostly the male CAUCASIAN teachers and Evan, my deputy president. And in case you don't know, I'm in the Advisory Panel on the Question of Nepal or just APQN. So instead of delegates, everyone is referred to as an "expert". Representing organisations ranging from Nationa Democratic Party (Nepal) to World Health Organisation. Then we split up the various issues into humanitarian and political. So the admin. staff got split up too. Teck Seng and Daniel stayed in the political room while I got whisked off to Humanitarian.
It was fun being a slave haha. The debate on clauses was really interesting and once again I gained more valuable MUN experience muhahahaha. And being "glamourous" to quote Miss Tan. And I couldn't sleep haha because the few times I was half-asleep, I had the experts to thank haha. They kept making me pass notes and amendment sheets which is really good since the debate became more interesting and I didn't have to worry about dozing off.
Ephraim is so right. An accent gives you instant street-cred. Well, an American one at least. At the start before we were split, I couldn't tell apart the Chinese from the Japanese, or the Koreans or even the Arabians! Via the accent of course. Everyone had an American accent! Ok the Singaporeans were too obvious except for one of them who put up quite a decent accent. Had much fun talking with Ephraim and Joel about the accent topic (And also criticising our fellow Hwachongian delegates, some of which we feel should not be participating) and also allowing the Malaysian delegate to grab lunch from the Admin HQ illegally haha. It was great and even that Malaysian had an American accent! Haha Ephraim said that particular Malaysian was saving the grace of the entire nation. Of course unlike Ho Lit Xian urgh...Who has such a...Unplaceably false accent.
Of course I found my attempted french accent all this while sounded German argh! There's a German in my committee yes. Tomorrow's going to be much more intense! And hopefully more amusing and insightful.
A photo which I should have posted a long time ago but I didn't have it. Yup, here's Gift of Reading's last session for semester 2 2008.
One of few rare smiles I didn't force. I'm already missing the children! And Wai Yan! The one on my lap. Guess what? He has an American accent.
Dark Memories[8:32 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...