Saturday, August 09, 2008
This year's National Day celebration was way better than last year's. Yes, don't freak out, I mean the one at school. First mistake, going to school in supposedly overly formal attire. You know? Long sleeves with pants and all. I thought it was funny but oh well, I felt like an animal in the zoo at the terraces. But that's besides the point.
What made my day? No, it was not the concert...The concert is as usual...Fit for a king. Of idiocy? I mean seriously, the only performance that sort of made sense was the NCC rifle ritual and singing by some idol wannabes. And even for "made sense" the rifle ritual only did because their moves were coordinated with the sort-of-catchy music. Other than that, it did NOT warrant open-mouthed retards staring at them as if they've never seen what? A sad wooden excuse of a rifle with an identity crisis problem. Being spun spun spun spun and jammed upwards like they enjoyed doing that eh Kevin? The singing was comforting. Sort of brought back the symphony of the dead. Or that of blackboard scratching. Bet my nails could do that.
It was the crowd! Glen, Yan Yu, Samuel, Darren, Szeto, Chomz, Kevin and Donavan. We were playing bridge whilst fools were embarrassing themselves onstage. Like bridge is the best card game ever. For the civilised British like I would say. We kept playing, taking turns and all, until Tan Chee Wee started patrolling...Then we were forced to keep them. Of course, after the performance, Yan Yu, me, Szeto and Glen moved to SC4 and continued BRIDGE! Muhaha! Szeto has lots to learn. Yan Yu picked up the game extremely fast with his amazing deduction skills! He's going to be a very good player. And we played on from like 9.40 till 12. So the amazing wins were me and Samuel, 9-1, Donovan and Glen, 9-0 and me and Szeto, 3-0. That was the best match. Glen bid up to 5 clubs after my 4 no trumps. He had Ace of clubs all the way to 8. Then he called Yan Yu who had the 7. But he forgot that left of winner starts. So I began. With my 2 Aces and 3 Kings. I finished him with 2 Aces and 1 King. We should really play bridge more often in class!
Moved on to a little lab work before going home. The stupid L. acidophilus still refuses to grow. Went home for a while and then went to the library to read batman comics. Then came homework to slack further. The oven's been fixed so I can start baking!
Oh yes, for once I like doing English homework non-obligatorily. The biography on Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam was enlightening. Who knew the Lee dynasty was such a scam? I mean it's so crystal clear that the LEE authority is abused time and again. The entirely thing reeks of Nepotism. At least PAP nepotism. So if you want to bring down the PAP, infiltrate it first. Of course...The lack of political freedom...I understand. If you look at my facebook nation, my political freedom is -99.09 :). Yep, negative. I'm the only candidate. Similar to the LEE dynasty. And yet I feel wronged. Dissatisfied.
Well...I just realised...It's not the only thing I'm dissatisfied with. Candice...It's not wrong trying to be more than you are...But trying to be something you're not...That's going a little too far.
I'm sorry Pamela, Harvey, Jonathan, Victor, Jack, Harleen. I understand I should remain as all of you. And nothing should change that. Nothing.
Dark Memories[11:44 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...