Wednesday, August 13, 2008
"Please mind your spelling. In your 1st paragraph, you typed "Joshua Benjamn Jeyaretnam", when it should be "Benjamin" with a 'i'."
First sentence of the review Desmond "God" Toh did of my biography. Ouch. This week was thought to be relaxing but no. I came back from National Day Holiday on Monday. To find out there was an IHC test on Tuesday which then happened to be "today". So I went mad and started studying, well amidst talking about Pokemon, and reviewing all the SBQ Lorms. Turned out my efforts came to naught.
a) Usefulness 5m. I took 10 minutes. 25 minutes left.
b) Reliability 7m. I took 24 minutes being so paranoid as to not believe that the answer was as simple as my initial suspicions. I'm not going to follow rigid structures anymore...
c) JDC*#E8m I did it in one minute. What do you think?
Projected IH score: 50/100 - Double AU C6
Because Geog today slapped me with a C5. Really I should have taken Literature...Leonard, you're so right. Gah, HP seems a little less daunting after Rocks crap.
Projected MSG: 3.78
What can I say? Self-study with Tan Guan Chye like the past two years?
I hate myself. Bright side, I got humiliated in Chinese class today because Tan Guan Chye printed out my horrible essay to use as a "model essay that lacks depth". Which gives more reason for Theron to laugh at me.
Today...Was just unbearably long...I had to forgo my French again...To do lab work till 6pm...Because I was the only one in my group doing lab work today when the workload was by normal standards immense. I realised Junjie asking if I was going to the lab was just a scam. Turns out he didn't come and went home. So poor me, was left to the idiot 10 ^-4 bacterial dilution for 5 samples and streaking. In case that sounds simple,
Dilution of Control sample
1) Add 1ml of bacterial broth sample to 9 ml of new broth in centrifuge tube A
2) Add 1ml of mixture in centrifuge tube A to 9ml of new broth in centrifuge tube B
3) Add 1ml of mixture in centrifuge tube B to 9ml of new broth in centrifuge tube C
4) Add 1ml of mixture in centrifuge tube C to 9ml of new broth in centrifuge tube D
Multiply that by 5 to obtain dilutions for control, 2V, 4V, 6V and 8V. Which gives you 20 retarded centrifuge tubes, 5 sterile pipettes and 5 sterile droppers.
Streaking
1) Extract 100 microlitres of each final dilution and spread it on a petri dish
This was pretty easy though I fumbled a little with the micropipette.
I'm changing my group next year...Shoot me if I don't.
Dark Memories[11:33 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...