Thursday, August 07, 2008
Ming Xuan is one heck of a philosopher. Indeed, as he says, when you want something, the entire world conspires to get it for you! Forgetting the moral obligations of course. Let's take an example form today - The Chinese Common Test. Now we all know that if you fail to produce a Chinese dictionary during the Chinese Common Test, you'll get 5 jianbaos (Courtesy of Tan Guan Chye). And that's exactly what I did today, forget about the dictionary entirely. So I actually tried to borrow one from the library but well, the dictionaries in the library must contain some easily air-permeating nerve agent or carcinogen because they somehow CAN'T be borrowed. It should be part of the Hwa Chong conspiracy. That's where Mario keeps all the poisonous spores after he kills the mushrooms - In the dictionary for future use just in case there's a student rebellion. And yet, I wasn't ready to just accept my first 5 jianbaos of the year! Because the Chinese teachers had a meeting! Leaving us students ALONE during the test. And surprisingly the noise level was almost non-existent. Muhahaha, I was using Yan Seng's (Thank you) dictionary throughout and I've successfully duped the teachers into thinking that I brought a dictionary! I think there's a price to pay though...I left my pencil case in school...
Interesting discussions with Kevin today. It appears that there may be some discrepancies in my theory that will bolster his previously-proven "wrong" theory. About what, that's not open to the public. And even more interesting observations. Today was...Exhausting? I woke up at 4.30am to study for the Biology test in which I messed up of course despite all the studying. So the day started off with the matrices ACE test which I kind of failed considering I skipped the last question and failed to answer the second-last. Ah well, hope I'll get 2 ACE and with the AMC, IDS and Projects Day, I should be able to max it. Then as I have mentioned Biology was so much fun that I wasn't confident of half my answers. Sort of emo-ed after the test after I saw Theron smiling so cheerily because he would probably ace it. Not to mention his 35 in Logs test compared to my 29...I spent the second period of Bio just doodling around and I succeeded in drawing a man being trapped in the clutches of a leafless tree! The gnarled boughs and all around him while he struggles futilely! Inspiration from Poison Ivy of course. And Chinese Common Test went pretty well...Seriously lacking in the vocabulary department but my content will compensate, I hope.
This week was really trying and well I'm really thankful for the people around me that kept me smiling! Kevin, for always being there and BREATHING! Yan Yu too for helping point out so much, especially that people should all die. Darren, thanks for helping out and being there! Chomz yup for freaking out. Jonathan for calling me toxicologist and be such a utility. Theron will cheering me up every day (Especially during Physics today) and of course, making me frown quite a bit. Xu Jun for the companionship and sharing! Yu Pei for helping me in my project although you didn't have to. Xuewei for your encouragement! And Yong Zhi for chatting (As short-lived as the conversations were) and brightening up my day with "Sluttiness". And all others who have contributed to an upward facial spasm of mine!
Right-a-rooney!
Dark Memories[8:48 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...