Saturday, July 12, 2008
Theron just screamed at me to update and described my blog "effin". Oh wells. Last night was insightful. Got to see the nice side of Theron. He's really funny when he tries French, though I do admit he does have a flair for it. So far I've located only two people, that is Kevin and him that actually pronounced the French "r" correctly on their first tries. When I had to take about two years...But still, it's kinda nice. This year...I can't really place my finger on the "better" or "worse" option. Because as healthy (Sort of) as the environment this year's class has...I still miss 2f. And the friendships...Jiasheng still smiles, Zhenyang is amazing with his eternal optimism and cherry dispostion. Cheong Keat and Dennis, well, we meet up once in a while with Wei Ze. Guo Xin's still friendly and I thank him for the trigo unit II help though I fear it would have been in vain. I still remain, acquaintances, with most of the class. Jun Jie's in my project group so I see him a lot. Plus, he's in smtp. Lester...It's sort of a cold war lately after I started my dota hiatus. Keng Whye...I still believe he's a great guy but he's just more overt with Eng Chuan and gang. Fang, I keep in contact with my Ivy persona. Sean's changed, turned more determined, less wilful and jumps much higher. Si Heng...I don't know. Although this year does have its fair share of ups (Let's just ignore the downs for now). Like getting to know Kevin, Darren, Yan Yu Leonard, Theron, Nicholas so much better, Kah Keong, Ng Peng, JORDAN and all the others from my class. Trust me, I had no idea Theron or Yan Yu existed...I never did know who Darren was although I saw him before while visiting Bradley, same goes for Ng Peng and Kah Keong. And I had always regarded Kevin as Bradley's robot...Nicholas I knew from OBS so it was just reunion and all. And outside class, Ephraim and Yong Zhi from OB Sabah, MING XUAN from like gatherings with Xujun, Pokemon, SLC and OB Sabah, Edwin through Ming Xuan, Benjamin...So many more. Yet, does acquiring new friends mean shying away from the old? Or rather, drifting further away...At least that's the feeling I get. The lack of interaction...Just makes gradual alienation inevitable. I'll...Just wait.
On the bright side, I've found activites to fill up my dota void. I've revived my passion for Pokemon! In the form of competitive battling. I'm in the midst of doing a lot of studying on the mechanics of competitive battling and the OU tier. It's so much fun doing it again since the new 4th generation gives me so much material to re-study as compared to 3rd generation. So I spend hours, reading articles, crafting and testing out teams now. Yippee! Next, I'm like downloading the entire Batman The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures by torrent. Hurrah! Soon I'll possess all the classic batman cartoon episodes. Not to mention I downloaded every single Batman cartoon movie except the one featuring both Batman and Superman. I'm still missing Batgirl Begins Part 1 from The Batman in order to complete my collection of batman episodes featuring Poison Ivy. Also, I've made searching Disney songs in French a hobby. Some are really...Soothing to the ear I guess. Examples include, "Part Of Your World/Partir la-bas", "Colours of the wind/L'air du vent" and "At The Beginning/C'est le debut". Disney songs are actually rather impressive if you'd even listen to them. Not to mention, they're in French! I'm also trying to get the Ocean's Twelve soundtrack after watching the movie yesterday on Channel 5. Bravossimo! Last but not least, I'm officially a member of WEBook. This website which Theron recommended is sort of a congregation venue for writers. One can submit prose, poetry or any forms of writing up for feedback. Theron said it has an awesome community and all, so I joined. I'm writing again muhahaha.
On the subject of academics, I failed my Physics revision test, owing to the fact that I didn't study enough...Sigh, I'm a failure. Or maybe Chuasy's baised against my class. Plus, I have like Bio not handed in, 2 overdue Chinese article reviews, CRP (Still not handed in) and overdue Math homework...Oh yea, speaking of which, Math test was...I'd rather not talk about it. Sad sad sad. One good thing, or bad thing? My project group got into the finals. Information supplied by our corrupt mentor Evelyn. Amazing since we got our results barely on the morning of Project's Day and did our graphs 15 minutes before presentation. The week was rather boring I guess. Kevin and I rejoiced because his mentor which so happens to be mine also told him he got into finals. And then later we became a little depressed because of the Physics results. But he got two marks more than me and passed! Oh but debates was fun. Although it was more of an oral presentation. Curses, I was struggling and speaking too slowly. Inadequate preparation but how could one prepare sufficiently when the Math test fell on the same day? Kevin rushed through completely and so did Darren. I maintained most eye contact I think but spoke much slower than Kevin and Darren. Naturally, we beat the other team (Or so Daniel hinted) who failed to grasp the essence of the motion to rebutt us at all. Chuasy showed her hand power though. Amusing though scary.
"Smtp 1, msg 1.8"
BANG! She slams the table.
"Smtp 3, msg 2.7"
BANG! She slams it again.
"Smtp 4, msg 3.8!"
BANG! Her palm must hurt...
I stifled a giggle at the final smack. Oh and yes, maybe I'll dedicate a song to her for the banging. Currently working on a song dedicated to Yap HB that Xu Jun started editing. I shall do the final edits and get it up here soon.
A la prochaine.
Dark Memories[11:41 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...