Monday, July 14, 2008
Posting!
I simply love Interdisciplinary Studies. It's the ultimate formula for free ACE, pure slack and last-minute jamming and cramming. Which again translates to pure slack. The very fact that during the introductory briefing Justin was going, "Err, so you will be doing this er, Inter- what ah? Orh, Interdisciplinary Studies" means even the teachers think it's slack. Maybe with the exception of Mrs Khoo who allegedly prepared for it a year before. So what is IDS really. Essentially, we have a theme each year and we conduct humanities, science and math. studies on this particular theme and then come up with a presentation. Sort of like a mini Projects Day. With the Projects Day equivalent of ACE. So this year, we're studying Olympic Science. My group, yes, don't freak out, Jordan, Jordy and me, is studying the Science behind hammer throwing. Like wow...I'd be interested in err...A gorilla's sport?
Anyway, I love today for its pure slack. Hwa Chong has once again demonstrated that freedom knows no limits. From 8am to 9.20am CSE students were supposed to attend the Asian-Pacific Youth Leaders Summit...OPENING CEREMONY. So I sat there with Kevin and Theron listening to Grace Fu...Oh right, Theron and Leonard strangely can't cross their legs. I guess their leg muscles are too firm. Or maybe they just don't have the poise. Ok, let's get back to Grace Fu. She has like the best English of all MPs. Or maybe some are better. Let's quote her:
"Converging divergences is the theme today."
(Opens her hands when saying "converging", close them when she says "diverging"
"Affluence change"
"Globalisation world"
Oh right, she forgot to address our dear Dr. Hon too. Tsk tsk...English is a pre-requisite of any governmental post...And she kept on banging on and on about "Converging divergences". It's like Miss South Carolina all over again. Observe:
"So as to help South Africa, the Iraq, such as and the Asian countries build up the future for our children" - Miss South Carolina -
"And Mr. Ang Wee Hiong, Principal, Hwa Chong Institution. Converging divergences. *Pause* Converging divergences *Weird contraditory actions* is the theme today. Like change. Affluence change. Continuity. Continuity and change. Converging divergences." - Ms Grace Fu -
Spot the difference? There isn't one. Both are as stupid. So we went for extended recess since it ended at 8.50 am instead of 9.20 am. Splendid 1 hour recess. We returned to SC4, quite a number of us. I attempted to do work, but that recess was spent most screaming in falsetto for Shuin Jian to shut his final fantasy youtube video off, going mad and playing Crepuscolo Sul Mare on the mobile phone. Plus a whole lot of random songs: Love song, Walk Away, Fergalicious...And the whole lot of us ended up watching "Video on Trial: Nothing in this world" and "Video on Trial: Fergalicious" on youtube. Glad to be of entertainment!
Chuasy's talk was boring, except for the Chi running part. Physics lectures...Newton's 1st to 3rd law for our IDS. So I spent the lecture time talking to Chong Jiat and Kevin about competitive battling in pokemon and peeking at what notes Darren and Kevin were passing. Surprisingly, Chomz knows quite a bit about competitive battling. Possibly more than me but I'm more updated. Then there was lunch break before Chuasy's make up lesson. MUHAHAHA. Leonard and me had to go for a humanities seminar so we couldn't make it. So at 1.20 we informed Miss Chua. Our break lasts from 1.20 to 2. So she said to wait for her at the staffroom to collect relevant notes/worksheets for make-up lesson. We went there and waited while she supposedly switched off the lights and air-conditioner of the lecture theatre. 10 minutes later at 1.30, she appeared. Leonard said, "Good, at least we have 15 minutes for lunch (we had to be seated by 1.45 pm for the humanites seminar)" Then Chuasy said, "Oh I need to go get something from the photocopier." That was another 10 minute wait. So we slacked in Galvin's homeroom for 5 minutes without taking our lunch before attending the seminar.
The seminar was well, rather enriching. I got to embrace my cultural Hokkien roots. Other than that...There was Leonard repeatedly saying "damn it", trying to coax me to going up to the mike to pose a question with him. And I just couldn't bring myself to do it...I don't know...Is it because we were the only two Science students in a humanities seminar full of HP-ers? Or maybe I'm just a failure. An utter social failure. I'm sorry Leonard. I knew you had a really good point to raise.
More quotes of the day:
"Flippant hooker" - Darren Choo on Miss Chua's "sculling" flipper + hook theory -
"When the leg leaves the foot-" - Miss Chua Shiyun -
"Punctuality" - Jordan's gift to Miss Chua -
Ng Peng commissioned me to edit "7 Things" so as to dedicate it to Miss Chua. And yes, I'm done. So here it is!
7 Things
(lyrics by Devoir Mourir)
Original song "7 Things" by Miley Cyrus
I probably shouldn't say this
Because I’m really scared
When I think about the number
Of demerit points I’ll get.
But seriously, I can’t take it
It's not possible for me not to share
Cos’ I can’t stand all the pain and
Hopefully I may be sent out of school
Away from you
{Chorus}
The seven things I hate about you
The seven things I hate about you
Yeah you
Your clothes, Your notes
Don’t exist at all
You and your, VLE
It made me laugh, it made me puke
Cos’ when I looked, it had no use
Your dumb Socratic
Questioning
Just had no link
Your release times and stupid curved graph lines
And when the class msg’s above 2:
Banging’s so not cool
It's awkward and its silent
As I hear your lecturing
What about us squeezing
Not reciprocating
When you say it, I’ll believe it
Only if I am retarded
Let's be clear
Oh, you’re such a failure
You're a wonderful teacher
{Chorus}
The seven things I hate about you
The seven things I hate about you
Yeah you
Your clothes, Your notes
Don’t exist at all
You and your, VLE
It made me laugh, it made me puke
Cos’ when I looked, it had no use
Your dumb Socratic
Questioning
Just had no link
Your release times and stupid curved graph lines
And when the class msg’s above 2:
Banging’s so not cool
And thinking of all the bad things
That would take too long to write
I probably should mention seven more I dislike
{Chorus}
Seven more things I hate about you
Your style, your voice
You’ve got no poise
When you talk, my blood will boil
Also your head, is getting bare
And soon I’ll wonder, where’s your hair?
You dare scold us
When you’re not fast
Punctual? You’re last!
Remember you were late for make-up class
The seventh thing I hate the most is what you teach
The damn Physics
You foool
Fooool, fooool
Fooool, foool
And Theron, I just checked with Mr. Sng. As much as I'd like to join you in the boarding school...I'm not in it, anymore. Liberty...tempts me so. Connection in boarding school...Makes me sick. People there...It could be fun. But I have to teach my sis, she has PSLE this year. Can't do it stuck in the boarding school. I've withdrawn. Sorry.
P.S.: Better in time's a nice song. But it's a big fat lie. Things don't just get better in time...They never do. Some wounds just never heal, not even with Gaia's touch.
Dark Memories[11:18 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...