Thursday, July 24, 2008
Gotta be bitchier (Which translates to vancome lady the saint) than usual. I shall start narrating from today and probably jumping randomly from event to event in this week.
As usual, the weather refused to comply when I asked for rain this morning. As a result, I spent the Math. Lesson doing Ms Sunita's IHC since I was busy preparing for debates yesterday and urgh...Just when I started understanding the Math lessons...I had to lose track...Oh anyway, while walking back to class, someone crashed into my chin, or rather I crashed into him. Maybe it was because I was busy blowing a kiss to Yong Zhi on the second level. Slut around with the ivy persona according to Ephraim OUI.
Debates was a fiasco. An utter fiasco. To think I was actually looking forward to it. No one has the right to say we didn't prepare. Me, Darren and Kevin...The Holy Trinity up against Shannon...Jordan...and well :) Leonard. THBT that the era of school uniforms is over. We prepared our substantives and rebuttals entirely for the debate of whether the era "is" over, not "should be" over. So Shannon's team was banging on and on about how good school uniforms were. But for Gaia's sake, how on Earth does that show whether the era is over. Not until Daniel pointed out that if the need for school uniforms exists then the era isn't over did I realise the "is" could be twisted to become "should be". But nevertheless! The Opposition (Shannon & co) clearly failed to draw that parallel clearly! And it's not as if we didn't prepare for that damn "should be" debate. I had a plethora of points for the "should be" debate but we failed to notice the point of a need for school uniforms linking to the era. Gah! I could rebutt every single one of their damn so-called "benefits" of school uniforms! Like errr...Drop in 30% crime rate? You mean crime rates are dependent on school uniforms? And the point on the eradication of societal tags. What you mean as long as they're all wearing school uniform you can't tell the rich from the poor? What about the bags? Stationery? Shoes? Shouldn't how the student carries himself/herself matter more? BAH! And even though we kept insisting that the opposition has failed to even prove anything with regards to the motion since their points didn't prove the "is over" part (Maybe except when Shannon said that 95% of the student population of the world wears school uniforms...) the way we delivered our speech and everything was clearly superior to them! ARGH! Final score:
Proposition
Darren - 69
Kevin - 70
Me - 70
Opposition
Shannon - 68
Jordan - 69
Leonard - 71
Overall score: 70 vs 69, prop wins
NOOOOOOOO! This was the most humiliating day of my life...I rather let them win by a landslide then win by 1 pathetic point. And because of my miserable socre of 70...Samuel was saying to Ting Yit that he beat the "god" with his score of 71...How undeserving I felt I was of that title...I mean, how can you rebutt when there's nothing VALID to rebutt? It's like trying to wear a condom when you're flaccid! (I go inspiration from Kevin) I spent lunch screaming about this injustice and bio lesson emo-ing. Surprisingly, I'm much more efficient when I emo. Usually, I talk and never get things done during bio practicals. Then the English common test managed to cheer me up with its incessant onslaught of "use your own words" questions. It was boring overall though. Sigh...Kevin's right...It doesn't matter much...In the next debates, we'll trounce them! Flat! Out cold! COMPLETE ANNIHILATION!
I WILL ADOPT MY VANCOME ATTITUDE. JUST YOU WAIT.
Moving on to phase 2: Nature's silence.
Dark Memories[9:34 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...