Friday, May 09, 2008
I'm back! Meow. Don't ask, I just feel like Catwoman all of a sudden. Selina Kyle the femme fatale. Probably because of the recent rush of Mariah Carey I'm listening to. Thanks Kevin for letting Mariah manifest like such in my eyes! I just fell in love with "Honey". With the recent spate of tests et cetera...No surprise I slacked in blogging again. Well events to cover include the Open House on Saturday to now...
Open House was pretty much a disaster given our pathetic booth as compared to others that were so much more interactive. The only thing we did was just to dump assorted props at our booth and send out walking advertisements. We didn't even have a giant banner or something to indicate that we were from the drama club so people looking at the brushes. tins of paint, cloth and painted umbrellas were asking if we were the Art Club...Well I have to commend certain Sec 2s for actually putting their heart into it in advertising of informing the public about Drama club but the Sec 1s were utterly undisciplined...Other than carry props to the room to set up our booth, they basically did nothing else...And the one who I thought was responsible...Was reading "7 habits of highly effective teenagers"...Ended up with the seniors doing most of the work...Oh yes, I did find out the identity of that irritating junior who knows Xue Wei; apparently, he's called Yang Long. Disrespectful imp.
Nothing much on Sunday except that Lester and the rest of us (Sadly without Wei ze) tried tri-lane in dota in the first time. Read on only if you play dota...So tri-lane essentially is just three heroes in the same lane with two other heroes soloing the other two lanes. This is vastly different from the usual 2-2-1 laning as there're exp and gold issues when three heroes squeeze in one lane. But it worked out excellently! Muhahaha, instigated by me of course after I read about tri-laning on the forums. So I got Alston to be Sand King, Keng Whye to be Lina and I was Tiny. You got it, triple stuns. We took bottom lane where the opponents could push nearest to us. So Alston hid in the trees first giving the opponents (Lich and Phantom Lancer) the impression that they were laning only against Lina and Tiny. So I backed a little due to the incoming creeps but I didn't know that Alston was already initiating...Keng Whye said I was lagging...But hey they didn't ping or anything and besides, Alston was on the phone with Keng Whye. Naturally they would be more synergised. So Alston initiated by stunning Lich with Burrowstrike afterwhich he and Keng Whye attacked Lich a few times. And seeing I was so far behind, Keng Whye followed up with a Light Strike Array to chain stun. I got that just in time to finish with Avalanche and Lich was running with a sliver of life and Keng Whye killed him. Level 1 first blood. Oh how amusing it was to see all the "wtf"s. MUHAHAHA!! Ok, calming down...calming down...And we're calm...I loved it. We repeated a few times and three of the opponents left...Sigh...We had to remake and I had to go to bed. Pity huh?
Now let's talk about schoolwork! So far...Chinese is grrr...1 mark away from A1. The recent Trigo Unit 1 test for math averaged out with my previous 21/40 to give me a overall 30.5/40. Yes, I got full marks for the trigo! Hurrah! So Math's A1. Next, English test just came back and phew...My sub-standard essay actually got me a 24/30 with...Thought-provoking rhetorical questions? That's what the teacher said but I think it's more of Brain cell-massacring desperate crap. Well...Leonard got 26/30...Expectedly...But I feel unjust for Darren and Kevin. They should have gotten much higher. It's just...They kinda used a few wrong words and expressions here and there...But overall they have more substantial essays than me...Not to mention they got the same twisted evil marker which happens to be different from mine as we have analysed from the different penmanship. So it isn't fair at all...Oh well, something to brighten things up a little would be Econs. 9/20! Yippee! I was too slow...Spent too much time on the essay question...Wasn't clear about elasticity and ended up interpreting elastic as inelastic. ABSOLUTE VALUE! This is just so cursed...Left the last 6 mark question almost blank...Voila! 9/20! And then just yesterday IHC was...imposed upon us? I, ME, didn't know what "attitude" meant apparently...Causing my part a to be L/3 4...4/6. Next was b which was quite ok considering the 6/7. Then the last part c...There was just insufficient time for me...I took much time for part a...So I didn't write about similarities and differences in tone, resulting in L/4 5...Total score: 15/20. Still keeping my A1 streak for IHC ONLY. But combined...B4 for humanities this term...It's just...I thought I could A1 or at least A2...That's why I was determined not to let my math be B4 this term...And when I get A1 for math...I get B4 for Humanities...The opposite of last term...Heaven does play cruel tricks sometimes...Some people deserve better...Like Leonard, Kevin and Darren...Especially Leonard, I understand why Ms Sunita apologised to him. Chemistry just got extra 1 mark from my pop quiz: 5.5/5= 1.1 which makes my total score 27.5/40. Still a pathetic B3...Physics? B4 22.5/35. At least Biology's a consolation with 29.5/35. But then again the paper was frightfully simple. It's just sad...
Mr. Daniel Siew just came up with some new activity: A fictional interview with a leader. I managed to raise my hand fast enough and got Napoleon for my group (Darren, Kevin and me). So we spent Wednesday afternoon drafting our interview transcript and I was teaching Kevin the supposed French accent when speaking English. He's amazing! Such a natural! Gets all the French pronunciations so fast! So we crafted something amusing of course! And Kevin told me during Thursday's recess about how us working together would always create presentations that were fun and well, funny of course! Yay! That's how school should be! So on Thursday, my group was supposed to present on our political philosophy topic - Niccolo Machiavelli. Finally did after so many weeks...Well, I was quite disappointed with the dismal number of laughs I got. Though I did get collective laughs a few times...Sadly, only those that really understood were laughing...Like Troy...And some others, I'm not quite sure. Leonard said I was demeaning haha. But hey, I was Machiavelli using the Vancome approach on George Bush. For example I said, "So...what do you think was your biggest mistake? Oh! Apart from running for the elections..." Yea, this sort of insulting words to George Bush (Shuin Jian) And then we proceeded on with our presentation which was a little protracted as Mr. Siew had to stop us a few slides before the end to ask when we were ending. Result? Mr. Siew said it was "Comprehensive but vocabulary-wise unsuitable for majority of the audience" In the profound sense of course.
Lastly...I can't believe it myself but I'm still blogging about Theron...I still ask myself if I've given him up completely...It's just...awkward...When I inevitably have to be in his presence due to spending time with Kevin...Now I know how Shiyi feels...I barely speak to him now...Just...The last thing he actually said before the "cold war" started was "You treasure me as a friend?" which I ignored...How can one ask such a question? And how is one supposed to answer...I don't know anymore...I just keep silent in front of him...And I...Invidia? When I see Kevin talking to Theron...I wonder...What is being social? Be yourself...It isn't that simple, not anymore.
"Bye Bye"
*Gone till 18th May. Hope I return in one piece from the Sabah of Savagery.
Dark Memories[5:58 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...