Saturday, May 03, 2008
I shall post since I've been procrastinating not only homework but also blogging. Somehow Dota pops up to inhibit the blogging process. And while we're on that topic, I shall talk about the Combined Sports Meet. There doesn't seem to be any linkage huh. All in good time of course. In a nutshell, Combined Sports Meet was just like all of the previous years - An epic failure. We need the "ding yi". The definition of epic failure since "epic" is relative. So, the usual uniform groups people acting as school police patrolling around. I was just wondering around at the stands whilst talking to Yan Yu, Ming Xuan and Yu Pei so I wasn't with Xu jun and Zi Heng who was helping Xue Wei at her booth selling balloons. And Xu Jun was saying how people who came to the booth were more interested in the helium rather than the balloons. I sort of agreed to as well and then Xu Jun thought of this idea which was to tie many helium-filled balloons to a chair so that the chair could float and then sell people pencils which they could use to try and pop the balloons in order to make the chair fall. The winner who manages that will get the grand prize, which according to Xu Jun should be another pencil. I told Xue Wei they should have gotten those elongated balloons to make helium-filled balloon sculptures. After all, a dog that floats looks much better than a plain old smiley face drawn on a round balloon. Speaking of which, Xu Jun told me how he used a marker to change the smiley face on Ching Hun's balloon to a frown. What a waste $1.50. I, on the other hand, invested my wealth (If it can even be considered wealth) in luxury goods which will give me more satisfaction, such as the strawberry flavoured bubble tea which went for $2 though I wasn't supposed to take it with my cough. It was according to Zi Heng, diluted strawberry milk but I found it quite refreshing and extremely sweet with the prevalent globs of strawberry jam I think. God I sounded horrible on that day. I was straining my voice while telling Kevin about Scorpia and Kevin said if I don't throw my voice from my stomach I would get throat cancer. The accursed affliction began last Saturday when I got a minor fever. Afterwhich, I started to cough and had a sore throat. It wasn't until Tuesday when my voice...fermented? Like urgh, on Tuesday I could barely enunciate at all and there was Project Utopia. My voice was perpetually gruff and there I was straining my vocal chords explaining our HAPPY HAPPY WORLD! Project Utopia turned out to be a success (Muhaha naturally) as our group and Desmond's group tied in first position. So our political philosophy is largely based on Brave New World where people are conditioned. In our country, we utilise the technology of hypnopaedia (Sleep-learning) and genetic engineering to breed and condition our population of an "Utopian race". We prepared quite a powerpoint and even got a video to demonstrate the benefits of Utopia ("Charmaggedon from "Charmed") but we didn't have any idea that we only had 6 minutes to present. Chen Yang and me were rushing through and I ended up skipping our Trade and Economic Policy entirely and explaining our Conditioning process and Machine-gun speed. Our country would be governed by only 10 equal rulers and then sub-rulers for each state and below them in the hierachy are the Geneticists and Professors and finally at the bottom were the commoners. So we had a rather clear distinguishment between the commoners and the higher tier people. The benefits would be that stability and security would be ensured due to conditioning and everyone would love their work, leading to efficiency and high rate of production. Equality would also be achieved and there would be no money at all since the government would provide everything. So Samuel asked me if sex was free as well and I nodded saying only if prostitutes exist. Oh Brave New world...Muhaha 3 Ace since we came in first. Then there were some ridiculous presentations as usual like the group on Lee-ism to make fun of Leonard...Their country's national treasure is "Chi-LEE crab" and national flower "Water LEE-LEE". Honestly! And then Jordan's group whose presentation consisted of "Gays are okay" and "We want world peace" before it ended and they proceeded to show us a boring video on libertarianism which was meant to be a time-waster.
Back to the following day, which would be the combined sports meet. So I "disappeared" afterwards to go KAP where I had lunch with Zi Jian and gang before contaminating myself. Argh, I went to a LAN gaming centre. YES I DID. Can't say it was bad though except for the exorbitant fee that I had to pay. Won all matches there muhahaha. Although I did feel dirty there with the dark ambience and all. Well Paxton played an extraordinary Mirana and the others just left since there was no point continuing. Then second match was one of the best. Very very close. Lester's team was backdooring like mad since we pushed fast. It looked like we were doomed to lose until my guinsoo destroyed lester. I was Puck :). Then our viper, sniper and weaver farmed up and we managed to win with red life Throne! Next match was just unexpected. I fed so much as dazzle due to the wrong item order and we were raxed when farmed up Mortred (Lester) went killing left, right and centre. But that was not what made me Dota public enemy number two that day. Apparently, the key to defeating a scary carry hero like mortred is the Guinsoo, which turns the target into sheep. So Ying Ze, our brilliant Gondar, not in killing but in stealth, trailed the opposing Keeper of the Light to the secret shop. And guess what? Kotl dropped his guinsoo! And so Ying ze in windwalk form, invisible to Kotl, stole the guinsoo! Then there was an uproar. People were shouting, literally, and screaming at Ying Ze to return it. So Paxton, our dear Storm Spirit, used it for a while, until he became nice and tried to return it. But lester cleared out the entire opposing team...And so Paxton left it in front of their fountain. And me, who fed since I didn't know how to use Dazzle but tried it for fun, was very against Paxton doing that. And also...I wanted to do something to prove myself other than dying repeatedly...So I ran there and with a flourish of my staff, MUHAHAHA! I destroyed the guinsoo. And then it was expletives galore. So many people cursing the Shadow Priest. Oh! I feel so hurt! Muhahaha. It's fair that way; neither team gets it. After all, all's fair in love and war. Then of course, without guinsoo, lester proceeded to "pwn" them silly and we won. Then I had to go back to SRC to ask more about generators but it was revealed to me that...There were no generators that we could use in the incubator...So we eventually settled for direct application of electric currents. And then rushed for French, made it, and did my French homework impromptu in class. I had to speak French in that unearthly voice...And I sounded horrible...Of course, went home with Xue Wei, Xu Jun and Parveen for another entertaining trip home, especially the trip to Orchard Road right?
Friday was a total disaster with Biology test and Physics test RESULTS. Well 22.5/40...No comment. Like duh I'm retarded. I felt even more depressed when I saw all the other scores. For example, during the queuing for marks, I saw Desmond, who already got 33/35, behind me...Then kevin was rejoicing with his 28 I think...Chen Yang 30...Leonard...The audacity of him to ask me when he got 31! Biology test was really super easy but I didn't study much for enzymes and instead put everything into DNA and genetic engineering. But in the end the stupid essay question was on fermenter systems! I couldn't find my fermenter system notes and worksheets before the test and couldn't study that...Thank god I did the worksheet myself and actually read through the notes...a week before? And also since my project involves a fermenter system, I had a rough idea of it and so was crapping entirely for the essay. Now, thinking of our project reminds me that our proposal is pretty doomed given Evelyn's apathy...Oh well...Will rush it out...
And today, I missed Vovinam due to my school's Open House which the Drama Club kindly informed us of...yesterday. So we crafted out our Open House Plan very spontaneously and went improvising for today's booth. But hey, it's drama. So my junior was asking me today what props we specialised in. And I said, "All props the Chinese Drama Club doesn't." And A junior thought of this plan whereby he would pose as a Chinese Drama Club member and act lecherously (You know raising eyebrows and that coy smile) in front of the guests and then asking, "Want to join the Chinese Drama Club?" Like that was so funny! The way the junior acted it out. Of course I don't think he actually did that in front of the guests. So Xu Jun and I were thinking of things to say like "Oh the Chinese Drama Club rents the props from us." since the Chinese Drama Club display was much more organised, in my opinion. So I had to guide the juniors in moving the props to the room, scream at some (evil sec ones) but to no avail and introduce the ENGLISH drama club to the guests. Oh yes, Xue Wei if you're reading, there's an irritating junior that asks Xu Jun if he knows you. WHAT AN IDIOT! He's a bad influence to the club, talking back to seniors and spouting profanities. I would give him dumbcane if he had been in my class.
Last but not least, for all those who hate the Council, here's something for you. No offense to any councillors though, this is purely for entertainment purposes. First, listen to "Stuck" by Stacie Orrico or you won't be able to relate to the edited song below.
SUCK (From Stuck)
I can’t get out of school today
Or purge you from my sight
I just can’t seem to find a way
That you can do things right
I ain't trippin’
I'm just hatin’ you
You know that I’m talkin’
About the council
You never kept your promises
Yet insist that you’re nice
“Cheer on my dear Hwa Chongians!”
A load of crap and lies
I ain't trippin’
I'm just hatin’ you
You know that I’m talkin’
About the council
Every now and then
When I see “Council”
I've been wishin'
You’d die again tomorrow forever
Said you will do this
But you never did
The school is such a fool
There's nothing I can do
The school’s fallen in love with you
I can't take it
Where has the justice gone?
You’re idiotic
I hate you even more
And you make me sick
No way I’ve been before
I hate you and despise you
Can’t stop criticizing you
It's true; you suck, it’s true
Now Council’s an irritant
That's been ringin' in my head
I keep thinkin’ yesterday
Why we have to hear this crap they say?
I ain’t trippin’
I'm just hatin’ you
You know that I’m talkin’
About the council
Every now and then
When I see “Council”
I've been wishin'
You’d die again tomorrow forever
Said you will do this
But you never did
The school is such a fool
There's nothing I can do
The school’s fallen in love with you
I can't take it
Where has the justice gone?
You’re idiotic
I hate you even more
And you make me sick
No way I’ve been before
I hate you and despise you
Can’t stop criticizing you
It's true; you suck, it’s true
Every now and then
When I see “Council”
I've been wishin'
You’d die again tomorrow forever
Said you will do this
But you never did
The school is such a fool
There's nothing I can do
The school’s fallen in love with you
I can't take it
Where has the justice gone?
You’re idiotic
I hate you even more
And you make me sick
No way I’ve been before
I hate you and despise you
Can’t stop criticizing you
I hate you and despise you
Can’t stop criticizing you
What a bunch of fools
It’s true; you suck, it’s true
More to come!
Dark Memories[12:16 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...