Sunday, February 10, 2008
After much clamouring for an update, I shall update because I don't want to my blog to start decomposing like Lester's already did. Since it's been long since I last updated. I'll just blog about the incidents that register in my mind.
First up is Gift of Reading! There was training session on the 9th February, the Saturday before Chinese New Year and well I was officially made an "older" volunteer. Although I have been in gift for approximately 6 months...Gah I'm still not expressive enough. I love Gift for giving me opportunities to be more open and articulate but I was still nervous in front of the new volunteers! Guess I still have much to learn from the seniors! Nevertheless...I'm still considering whether to attend the Friday night session or the Saturday afternoon session. Both is out of the question. I don't really have much time. Going on Friday means less dota on Friday night but I'll have Saturday afternoons free. Going on Saturday means practically my entire Saturday is gone since I have Vovinam on Saturday morning but I'm more relaxed on Friday then. Of course...I'll have to consider factors such as whether I'll be able to make it for Friday because drama may not necessarily end that early. And of course, if I go on Saturday, will I be able to cope with schoolwork? Hmm...Tentatively it's Saturday but we'll see.
Speaking of Vovinam, Xue wei and me went to Monsieur's Levet's apartment for lunch like the Saturday before the Gift training session. It was fun! Too bad Cornelis couldn't stay for lunch since he had guitar lesson I think. Cornelis, Xue Wei and me turned up for training at the squash court of the condominium Monsieur Levet stays in. Saturday trainings are so much more fun. Well back to lunch, it was spaghetti. Simple but gourmet. Madame Levet used only natural ingredients except for the sauce she put in bottled tomato sauce to make the liquid. No water or anything else. Just parsley, onions, tomatoes, chicken and tomato sauce for the sauce. Then the pasta wasn't really spaghetti. It was angel's hair, the really fine strand kind of pasta, which was wonderful! Because it was so easy to eat and complemented the light sauce very well. I realised the cheese was supposed to be in a separate dish and sprinkled onto the pasta with our hands. Madame Levet also made toast but I guess Xue Wei and me were too shy to have any. Oh there was salad too. Natural and healthy too. Tomatoes, some Chinese vegetable which Madame Levet didn't know how to say in English, onions and olive oil. It was really simple fare but it was tasty all the same. But the best was dessert! Nope, no exaggerated exquisite French dessert. Instead, it was the super simple crepe. With the accent above the middle e. Crepes! Madame Levet actually stayed up to over one am to make them. There was German marmalade, sugar, Nutella chocolate spread and Hershey's caramel sundae sauce. Apparently, you have to spread a generous serving of the spread of your choice on the crepe. Then fold it like you would do so for a piece of filter paper and then eat from the narrower side. It was super nice as the filling, depending on how much you spread, would flow out into your mouth. I liked the jam best while Monsieur Levet likes sugar. And Xue Wei likes sundae sauce and the jam. We finished like two jars of jam I think haha. Afterwhich we watched some Vovinam videos and Monsieur Levet showed us his DIY pictures of his guitar creation. He has his own guitar design called "Dragonfly". And he made two electric guitars himself from scratch! Plus, he learnt how to play the guitar and everything himself. We learnt much about Monsieur Levet besides this. He has at least a hundred dictionaries I think. Chinese, Vietnamese, Roman, French, Japanese, English and so much more...And he can speak Chinese, English, Japanese, Vietnamese, German, Spanish, Italian and French and Gaia knows what else. That's why I was telling Xue Wei how Monsieur Levet is a polymath. Not to mention, he's Master Levet since he's a Vovinam world champion. Then Monsieur Levet wanted to go swimming with us but we had totally no idea we were going to swim so we didn't in the end as the sky was darkening and Xue Wei had to go for her church activity. So I went to take the MRT with Xue Wei but I alighted at Chua Chu Kang to go to Lot 1 to get Lester a present. But I didn't get anything there in the end since nothing suited Lester. In the end, I got something impractical but having more of a friendship element. No I won't say what.
Okay, jumping right over to Chinese New Year Eve. Got to admit Chinese New Year Eves are getting worse each year. Well, for one, the performance is always almost the same and I can always only make sarcastic comments up to a point where I run out of anything to say because the concert gets too horrible beyond description. But this year's was really...argh. Miss Tan transferred out from Jurong Primary, and so did Miss Chua. Two major primary school teachers...We didn't even visit them anymore due to..ahem geographical factors. No gathering...No nothing...So as usual, I went with Weize. Zi Jian went LAN-gaming...And Weize and I were ranting about how financially deficient it is to go LAN-gaming to all those that asked us to go. And that we would only go with sponsors haha, cheap huh? So I tagged along with Weize and Cheong Keat after the concert and we were following a PRC from his class with his mother. Apparently, Weize's worksheet or something was with the PRC so he had to go to the boarding school to get it. So we all followed him. I found out he's quite a nice guy. In fact, most of the PRCs are. And well their parents came to Singapore to celebrate Chinese New Year with them. And then the PRC came out of the boarding school with a few packages in hand. Somehow...I got one! "Wuxi te chan!" Specialty from Wuxi! Hurrah! Like I just leeched this from following Weize and Cheong Keat. But now, of course my mother's has cooked it and it's probably been digested long ago. Afterwhich, we went to Macdonalds at King Albert Park with some other guys like Jeff, Julian, Benedict...Not that I'm close to them. Closest to me would be Julian. Yea and I realised most boys are ,for some godforsaken reason, afraid of ants. At the bus stop, there was this pillar where there were several ants concentrated at the upper section. And it took a few minutes for someone to exclaim something like "Whoa" before jumping away from the pillar. So I calmly walked forward and picked an ant off the pillar out of boredom before I started de-legging it. Julian was looking at me with disgust but then again, it was just an insect, which at most could make my fingers feel ticklish with its jaws. Only the fingers! Any soft parts of your body, that's another matter. So we had lunch...or rather breakfast at Macdonalds. It was like 10 plus so the lunch menu wasn't ready so I decided to get myself the Hotcakes set. And I found out Dennis has that every Saturday...I feel so depressed...But then again, the culmination of all the poisons Macdonalds puts into its fare will probably kill us quite rapidly so I'm actually glad.
As for Monday, I finally went for Vovinam. That was after French as usual. And my test results...12.5/15...Curses...I guess I didn't study enough...But then I vowed to do better for Petit test 2. Oh and I'm going to follow the Zen way of life. Complete indifference...impassiveness...apathy...whatever you call it. I discovered...The only way to not be hurt...Is to just seal away your emotions...That way...It'll be better I think. Thanks to Darren for recommending Zen. Think before we do anything. Control of emotions. Not that I'm terribly impulsive but I need to analyse situations better, weigh the costs and benefits and make optimal decisions. All these much quicker too. But I don't want to be blinded anymore...It's scary when emotions control you and not the other way round...History shall not repeat itself like last year...I will suppress those emotions...Subjugate or exterminate. For extermination...I don't know if I can...That would depend if I still am a sentient being...If I am...I will hold on. If not, then I fear. I have made many unwise decisions, wasted so much time...All because of emotions. Jamais! Never again will it happen. That's why I spent Valentine's with my Dumbcane and Desert Rose, wondering which to use to poison Hong Wei...Some egoistical guy from Weize's class. He offends many people with his attitude but unfortunately he offended me. In the end I settled with contaminated KMnO4. Potassium dichromate VI. And then I start to question my future actions...Zen you see. Oh and Jiasheng showed me his notebook full of drawings and I especially liked one. It was a picture depicting a half-cracked party mask.
The caption:
"Throw down the masquerade...And let it shatter."
Very true. I've been trying...That's why I'm weaving in and out my personality...At times...At the purest level with friends...Like with Weize...I'm myself. Classmates and all...I'm still sarcastic and cynical usually...Go all happy and more refined than usual with Kevin and Darren...And much more...Masquerade fiesta...Emotional turmoil...Time to go...A song to speak...The sirens know...The future is bleak...
Oh, oh
I'm not missing you, ooh
Been through just about everything that I could go through
When it comes to relationships
Don't know what I was missing or why I ain't listen
When I told myself that was it
Now here I go, hurt again
Cause of my curiosity
Now that it's over
What else could it be, besides a cheat
I made a promise never to settle
Why didn't I keep it?
Cause I hated the heartbreak
Crying and cheating, the fooling around
But i'm not missing you
(CHORUS)
I'm not going through the motions
Waiting and a-hoping you call me
I'm not missing you
You might have had me open
But I must be going because
I got life to do
I know I'm usually hanging on
I used to hate to see you go
But this time it's different
I don't even feel the distance
I'm not missing
I'm not missing you
It's a shame in a way cause I feel that I may not
Ever find the right one for me
Did I leave him, is he right in front of my face oh
Will my true love ever be?
Why would I go on a search again
When I know what the end will be
What good is love when it keeps on hurting me?
I made a promise never to settle
Why didn't I keep it?
Cause I hated the heartbreak
Crying and cheating, the fooling around
But i'm not missing you
(CHORUS)
I'm not going through the motions
Waiting and a-hoping you call me
I'm not missing you
You might have had me open
But I must be going because
I got life to do
I know I'm usually hanging on
I used to hate to see you go
But this time it's different
I don't even feel the distance
[i'm not missing you lyrics on http://www.metrolyrics.com]
I'm not missing
I'm not missing you
(CHORUS)
I'm not going through the motions
Waiting and a-hoping you call me
I'm not missing you
You might have had me open
But I must be going because
I got life to do
I know I'm usually hanging on
I used to hate to see you go
But this time it's different
I don't even feel the distance
I'm not missing
I'm not missing you
No I can't be with you cause I'm scared
Felt like I was falling when you left me
I can't keep going through life
Unaware of what I'm missing
And the person I could be
Love's good when it's right
Bad when it's left in your memory
All the times I let you down
I guess love will be nice for someone else's life
But I'm not missing you
(CHORUS)
I'm not going through the motions
Waiting and a-hoping you call me
Oh I'm not missing you
You might have had me open
But I must be going because
oh I got life to do
I know I'm usually hanging on
I used to hate to see you go (i used to hate it)
Different, oh feel the distance
I'm not missing
I'm not missing you... yeah
I'm not going through the motions
Waiting and hoping you call me (knockin' at my door, oh...)
You might have had me open
But I must be going because (it's the best day of my life)
I know I'm usually hanging on
I used to hate to see you gone (no, no no, no no)
Oh different, feel the distance
I'm not missing
I'm not missing you
You..
Oh..
I'm not missing you
Oh Baby
I'm not missing you
Till after the test week. A bientot.
Dark Memories[10:54 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...