Thursday, January 24, 2008
Everyone's complaining about CSE. Oh why do we have to walk around? Oh why can't we have a class? Oh why are our school hours so long? Oh why must there be this independent learning? Oh why must there be all those stringent guidelines to follow? Well all these lamentations are really valid actually. Unless you just care about academics and being super successful in school and then being some high-income bigshot in the future...You probably will find CSE most apt to be renamed as "Centre for Sadistic Expression". Now most of us will hate CSE and want to quit. These are your average "stereotypical" boys. Another part will find it fine and is trying to adapt. These are the gray area people that hate the time constraints of CSE but can live with it as they are not mindlessly gaming in front of the computer everyday. And the minuscule minority of artificial intelligence will find it satisfactory and love it probably. Overachievers (I mean it literally) like Ying Cong who got exempted from all exams for the past two years will fall into this category.
As for me, I'm in the gray area. I really dislike dismissal times of 3.20pm and 4pm but what can I do? On Mondays I finish school with discovery and research ending at 3.20pm. Then what? French of course! Following French, Vovinam! So I reach home at...9pm. As for the rest of the week...
Tuesday, lessons end at 3.20pm so I reach home at 4pm.
Wednesday, discovery and research plus French so I reach home at 8pm.
Thursday, lessons at at 4pm so I reach home at 4.30pm.
Friday, dismissal at 1.20pm! Too bad there's EP3...So there's really no point for early dismissal. Drama ends around 5pm so I reach home at 5.30pm.
Isn't it sad? I practically can't do much homework on Monday since I'd probably be exhausted after such a long day plus martial arts...Actually...I idle too much in front of the computer so I guess that's really a waste of time. Hmph...Okay, but still it's a little hectic don't ya think? Let's move on to workload. Basically everything's fine. Even Physics. My Physics teacher, though is nice, really believes in independent learning. She'll distribute worksheets of a topic she had never taught and then tell us to hand in the next lesson. "Resources in the IVLE anc VLE" is what she'll say. "You're independent learners." Now that comes from all teachers. But in the end, since most of us spend most of our recesses in the library, we just refer to each other's homework. It's sort of a learning process really. But then again...I'd rather prefer a class. Today, I didn't even know the venue for my English class. It was supposed to be in Lecture Theatre 4 but it was locked when I went there. Then I ran all the way to Seminar room 2 where we have English on Fridays. And then to the library conference room where we have lessons on Wednesdays. I was then told by one classmate I met there that lessons were to be conducted in Computer laboratory 4...See? And twice I was late for Integrated Humanities Core because the venue was so far from the library...And first time I got lost. Thank god Ms Sunita has infinite kindness and didn't penalise me. And we're practically always late by 15 minutes for Economics because of the absurd venue...And the Physics venue changes on a regular basis. Chinese changes too sometimes...Really...It's a little too much. Just like university...We can skip classes! Except for Physics and Chinese...And probably Math...I just learned that I can skip English if I wanted! But wow...CSE is really very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very new. I'd prefer the oldschool way of having a class...
I went to jiasheng's class yesterday for recess...I could still feel the class spirit emanating even though there were only about seven people in the class...A sense of belonging...To be able to sit there...To be able to call that seat yours...That table, that room yours...Just slack inside during recess or rush some homework...I had a great time...Really. Jiasheng playing music and then Zhi tao started arguing with him over which song to play and why...And everything else...I want my class back! So it's true then...Cherish the present...Is there anything to cherish in CSE? Apart from the friends...I don't really feel sort of bonded as an entire CSE...
Should I drop out? My reputation will be marred...But still...
I'm guessing no but you never know...
Dark Memories[9:56 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...