Sunday, January 06, 2008
Back from dinner with my cousin who just came back from Australia. He's going back on Wednesday so my father insisted we take him out for dinner fast. I found the start of this rendezvous rather awkward. My cousin was behaving really cordially and I realised how much of strangers we were. Well he left for Australia when he was Primary 4 while I was Primary 2 and there wasn't much interaction between us. Of course, unless you count the times I jumped like some primitive tribesman while repeatedly jabbing the buttons of the playstation controller when playing the pokemon race thingy with him in the past. So I decided to break the ice anyway...by talking about school? Hmm so my cousin takes Advanced English, Biology, Physics, Information Process Technology and Three-unit Mathematics (No I have no idea what third unit means). Interesting...To think I just told Xu Jun a.k.a The Chemist that who on earth would take Biology and Physics together. And we sort of randomly jumped to family and leisure stuff. Blah blah. I just realised how right he was in his studying method. Read up before the topic is taught. Take notes for every lesson. Review whole week's stuff during the weekend. Exactly the attitude the school wants to cultivate in its Centre for Scholastic Excellence (CSE) students. Sad to say, it's an almost impossible task with 80% of computer-crazed baboons in CSE's population. I've decided to adopt that study regime. Oh in case you were wondering, no, not for French. I'll just look through my notes since foreign languages are an entirely different thing. It was really a inspirational and beneficial (In my opinion) talk. We talked about career options and he was telling me to choose something I liked and was good at and not care about what others think. Very true. I'm going to be what I want. Pour le moment...Maybe a toxinologist? Or botanist? Molecular biologist? So let's get cracking! For the record, I now possess Jatropa and Dumbcane. Both excellent poisons. Oh and the desert rose! The only flower I've got from the Apocynaceae family since I've run out of Oleander after I seasoned Si Heng's drink with its flowers. Hmm...Must add to my collection of poisons. Herbs are plenteous in my father's so called garden (Corrid-en?). But for now only four poisonous plants if you include the aloe vera. Yes, it's sap is poisonous. The sap is different from the gel people! One's brown and one's transparent. Learn to tell the difference or get ready for a dermal surprise. Oh after reading various blogs, I've decided to analyse them. *Insert evil laugh* Yes! Prepare to corrode after my acidic touch, blogs of cyberspace! No time now obviously but let's make a list.
Blogs to be analysed: (for now)
Jiasheng
Shiyi
Fang Hui
Lester
Sean
Xue Wei
Akilan
Gregory
Tomorrow maybe? And I can tell you about my wonderful attitude problem!
Dark Memories[10:45 PM]
Toxicodendron Radicans
Toxicodendron radicans is a plant in the family Anacardiaceae. The name is sometimes spelled "Poison-ivy" in an attempt to indicate that the plant is not a true Ivy (Hedera). It is a woody vine that is well known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash for most people, technically known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Les souhaits
1) Master French and Japanese
2) Become more sociable
3) Master Toxicology in Plants, Molecular Biology, Botany and the Psychology of Persuasion
4) Be at least half as good as Monsieur Levet in Vovinam
Dark Memories
*September 2006
*November 2006
*December 2006
*January 2007
*April 2007
*June 2007
*December 2007
*January 2008
*February 2008
*March 2008
*April 2008
*May 2008
*June 2008
*July 2008
*August 2008
*September 2008
*October 2008
*November 2008
*December 2008
*January 2009
*February 2009
*March 2009
Grasswhistles
Welcome To the Dark Garden
Mon Jardin Obscur... Mes Mémoires Sombres...
La vie de joie n'est pas existe...
La vie vraiment n'est jamais juste...